Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finally, i'm relieved.....

Since the very first day of my O & G posting, i was worrying of how to complete all my 15 deliveries and 10 episiotomy repairs within 3 weeks. Most of those who went through it and came into contact with the staffs in labour room gave me negative feedback. And after my rotation in maternity, it's my turn for all the procedures in labour room since last week. I do admit that it was not an easy job to "survive" there with a number of unfriendly nurses complicated with the stress to achieve our targets within a certain limit under the competition from a great number of nursing students! But finally, i completed all the targets this early morning after i conducted a 'Syawal baby' (the mother called him so), really thanks God for that. Only God knows that i prayed so hard for the mothers when i helped them to deliver their babies-- praying that it would be a smooth one (not end up with Caesar, vacuum etc), praying that the mothers would have good maternal effort, praying that the fetal heart would be good and a long long list that whoever can name it. Though it was a hard one eg. on-called every 2 days for 24 hours, standing most of the time while TCM patients every half-hourly, scolded by certain nurses when u missed out something (sob...), i really learned a lot within this short period, i learned the proper way of VE & ARM from the doctors, practised setting line onto the newly admitted mothers (my skill rusted since i didn't practise it for quite some time), learned the various methods of episiotomy repair from different nurses (really thanks them), made a few nursing friends etc. Thanks God for everything! Amen.

3 comments:

angs said...

haiz....its my turn........
i dunno hw to set line
i dunno hw to ve
i dunno hw to do ARM
how how how how how how.........

minmin come teach me :C

wwsmin said...

dun worry angang, everyone is learning... remember ur venepuncture? i'm sure u can do it!

no prob, just call me when u need me ;>

angs said...

i couldnt remmeber my vebepuncture loh~~~

ok..call u to send over donut, jipai, pearl milk tea :D