Saturday, May 24, 2008

Elective Posting


Finally, i finished my elective posting in HTAR yesterday. i have been waiting for this since i entered into O&G. The entire posting were about 5 weeks. For the first two-and-a-half-week, it was medicine while the second one was O&G. Frankly, i enjoyed medicine far more than the latter as i'd really learned and seen lots of interesting and rare cases during the short period. Perhaps it was due to the policy of the O&G department in this hospital, i could only observed procedures here but conducting procedures like conducting delivery and episiotomy repair was a big no-no to me. It was rather disappointing. Anyway, i still enjoyed myself here as this was the only place that i found godly attitude from the nurses towards the mothers so far. I was kind of shocked to see nurses congratulate mothers after they gave birth to their newborns in government hospital :)

1 comment:

Harry TEOH said...

ho ho..
how's your elective posting?

i was so regret that for two consecutive years that my elective posting cannot be conducted at my hometown's hospital.

anyway.,good luck to you and all the best

if free, ask ur bf to bring you here la..ha ha